In-Scope Participants for Data Submission
Please refer to the Minister’s Order on Personal Protective Equipment Data Collection, which contains the full list of in-scope organizations required to submit data.
In-Scope Inventory Items
The in-scope items covered in the survey include: Masks, Eye Protection, Gloves, Gowns, Booties, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfectant Wipes and Swabs
Data Submission Method and Frequency
All in-scope providers are required to submit their data once per week between Thursday and Monday.
If for any reason you are unable to submit between Thursday and Monday, you may submit on an alternate day. Organizations are welcome to submit their data more frequently (e.g., to report on significant changes in inventory status or correct errors).
In-scope participants are required to submit their data in the following manner:
Hospitals shall submit the required Information using the Daily Bed Census tool.
- The Daily Bed Census Tool is available Monday – Sunday from 12am – 3pm EST
- Hospitals will not be able to submit data to the Daily Bed Census after 3pm
All other in-scope providers shall submit the required information through the online Critical Supplies & Equipment Survey
- The CSE survey is open Monday – Sunday from 8am to 5pm EST
- Providers will not be able to submit data to the Critical Supplies & Equipment Survey after 5pm
How We Use the Data
The data received from the respondents is being used to help the province identify current inventory status, forecast demand, inform procurement and allocation decision, and respond to emergency requests.
Products produced from the data are:
- Regional CSE Dashboard – Summaries of provincial and regional CSE inventory, consumption and ‘burn rates’ across a selection of critical CSE products
- CSE Demand Model – This information forecasts the CSE demand in the medium and long term and informs decisions about CSE procurement and allocation.
For more information about the data submission, please email COVIDsupplies@ontariohealth.ca.