Assessment Centres and Test Processing
Recommendations to support the health system aligning with Ontario’s COVID-19 testing guidelines.
- Memo to hospitals: Progress made on COVID-19 specimen collection and lab-analysis (December 4, 2020)
- Memo to hospitals: Progress made on COVID-19 specimen collection and lab-analysis (November 6, 2020)
- Testing Swabs: Preferred Specimen Collection Methods (October 21, 2020)
- Memo to hospitals: COVID-19 Testing and Lab Processing Update (October 9, 2020)
- Memo to assessment centres: Update to COVID-19 testing guidelines (September 29, 2020)
- Recommendations for COVID-19 assessment centres (May 28, 2020)
Resources developed by the critical care command table to support decision-making during COVID-19.
- Critical Care Command Table backgrounder (April 21, 2020)
- Recommendations for managing critical care drug shortages (March 23, 2020)
Health Services During COVID-19 Waves
The first wave of COVID-19 in Ontario brought delays to health care delivery. The following recommendations outline how health care providers can continue to provide care for patients & clients through future waves.
- Recommendations for optimizing care through COVID-19 transmission scenarios (October 1, 2020)
- Memo to hospitals: Further actions for optimizing care for all patients (January 7, 2021)
- Quick reference goals and recommendations for each COVID-19 transmission scenario (November 2, 2020)
Hospitals scheduling surgeries and procedures
- Creation of Regional Hospital Incident Management Systems (November 16, 2020)
- Optimizing elective surgery: Virtual care supports in the COVID-19 context (June 18, 2020)
- Providing local virtual access to emergency services (June 18, 2020)
- A measured approach to planning for surgeries and procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic (Revised June 15, 2020)
- Utilization of multi-bed ward rooms and inpatient placement in hospitals (June 12, 2020)
- Infection prevention and control (IPAC) for scheduled surgeries and procedures during COVID-19 (June 8, 2020)
Outpatient, primary care, and home and community care settings
- Recommendations for regional health care delivery: Outpatient care, primary care, and home and community care (June 8, 2020)
- Supplemental clinical guidance for patients with cancer (March 29, 2020)
- Pandemic planning clinical guideline for patients with cancer (March 10, 2020)
Chronic kidney disease
- Supplemental clinical guidance for patients with chronic kidney disease (March 27, 2020)
- Pandemic planning and clinical guideline for patients with chronic kidney disease (March 9, 2020)
Personal Protective Equipment
Recommendations based on the best available evidence on how and when to use personal protective equipment in health care settings.
- Recommendations on optimizing personal protective equipment (Revised December 21, 2020)
Health System Response Table Updates
Updates on activities and progress as the health system responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get access to online and telephone services that have been expanded during the pandemic.
- Virtual care supports for long-term care homes (October 30, 2020)
- Mental health and addictions services: Tools from OTN (August 31, 2020)
- Elective surgery: Tools from OTN (June 18, 2020)
- Emergency services: Tools from OTN (June 18, 2020)
- Remote Care Management During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Nov 11, 2020)