Along with the Connecting Care Act, 2019 and its regulations, these documents make up the key elements of the accountability framework between Ontario Health and the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Long-Term Care. They clarify our role, responsibilities and direction from government.
Memorandum of Understanding
Our Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Health clarifies our role, relationship and the mutual expectations and accountability of Ontario Health, our Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, and the ministry.
- Memorandum of Understanding (December 2021)
Mandate and Strategic Priorities Letters
- Mandate Letter, Ministry of Health, 2023/24
- Mandate Letter, Ministry of Health, 2022/23
- Mandate Letter, Ministry of Health, 2021/22
- Strategic Priorities Letter, Ministry of Long-Term Care, 2023/24
- Strategic Priorities Letter, Ministry of Long-Term Care, 2022/23
- Strategic Priorities Letter, Ministry of Long-Term Care, 2021/22
Ontario Health Data Platform (OHDP)
- Memorandum of Understanding – Ontario Health Data Platform (December 17, 2020)
- Letter from the Ministry of Health – Ontario Health Data Platform (December 18, 2020)
Appendix A in the Letter from the Ministry of Health (December 18, 2020), includes nine data assets. We have disclosed all nine data assets to the Ontario Health Data Platform.
- Letter from the Ministry of Health – Ontario Health Data Platform (April 30, 2021)
Appendix A in the Letter from the Ministry of Health (April 30, 2021), includes five data assets. We have disclosed four of the five data assets to the Ontario Health Data Platform. The following are the data assets and their disclosure dates:
- Provincial COVID-19 Vaccine Solution COVaxON (COVax): May 4, 2021
- Narcotics Monitoring System (NMS): May 25, 2021
- Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS): August 6, 2021
- Integrated Public Health Information System – Case Contact and Management System (COVID-19) (iPHIS-CCM): September 14, 2021
Once the Ministry of Health has completed its pre-requisite work with the data providers, we will be able to initiate the acquisition of the one remaining data asset and disclose it to the Ontario Health Data Platform.
- Letter from the Ministry of Health – Ontario Health Data Platform (e-Approval # 172-2022-231)
Appendix A in this letter from the Ministry of Health (received January 17, 2023), lists data sets that the ministry requests we continue to disclose to the Ontario Health Data Platform.
Issued by the Minister of Health, transfer orders enable the transfer of all or part of an organization (in this case the health agencies and organizations below including some or all of their employees).
Transfer Order Archive
November 17, 2021:
A transfer order was issued for CorHealth Ontario.
March 17, 2021:
A transfer order was issued for the Trillium Gift of Life Network.
Transfer orders were issued for specific functions from the 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
- Central LHIN
- Central East LHIN
- Central West LHIN
- Champlain LHIN
- Erie St. Clair LHIN
- Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant LHIN
- Mississauga Halton LHIN
- North East LHIN
- North Simcoe Muskoka
- North West LHIN
- South East LHIN
- South West LHIN
- Toronto Central LHIN
- Waterloo Wellington LHIN
March 18, 2020:
A transfer order was issued for the Ontario Telemedicine Network.
November 13, 2019:
Transfer orders were issued for the following agencies and organizations.
- Cancer Care Ontario (CCO)
- eHealth Ontario
- HealthForceOntario Marketing and Recruitment Agency
- Health Quality Ontario
- Health Shared Services Ontario
Transfer orders were issued for non-home and community care vice presidents and directors of the 14 Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
Minutes from the Ontario Health, Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) and Trillium Gift of Life Network (TGLN) Board meetings from May 2020 onwards will be posted in this location as soon as possible after the Boards’ approval (with the exception of minutes from closed sessions). The Boards will endeavour to post approved minutes prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting.
Board Meeting Minutes
|Date & Time||Link to Minutes|
|November 23, 2022||Meeting Minutes|
|September 14, 2022||Meeting Minutes|
|June 22, 2022||Meeting Minutes|
|May 26, 2022||Meeting Minutes|
|March 23, 2022||Meeting Minutes|
|February 23, 2022||Meeting Minutes|
|December 15, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|September 22, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|August 18, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|June 23, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|May 26, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|April 22, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|March 24, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|February 4, 2021||Meeting Minutes|
|December 9, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|November 18, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|Oct 21, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|May 27, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|June 24, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|August 19, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
|September 23, 2020||Meeting Minutes|
President and Chief Executive Officer Employment Agreement
Terms and conditions of the Chief Executive Officer’s employment with Ontario Health.