In 2021, Ontario Health:
- Developed a webinar and a library of digital accessibility resources to help educate and support staff in developing accessible documents and web content. Resources are posted on the Ontario Health employee intranet.
- Created a dedicated email for accessibility requests and added it to the contact us form on Ontariohealth.ca.
- Established an AODA compliance working group with members from Facilities, Communications, Legal and Human Resources portfolios at Ontario Health.
- Invested in and installed scanning and remediation tools to support digital AODA compliance. An assessment and remediation plan for websites and documents is in development.
- Two-hundred employees completed AODA training in 2021, for an overall completion rate of 100%
- Developed an accommodation process for employees with disabilities.
- Updated the careers website, employment offer letters and accommodation process through the recruitment, selection and assessment process.