Guidance and Best Practices
Finding a Virtual Care Solution
Virtual Visits Verification Standard
Learn how using a verified virtual visit solution can benefit clinical practice.
Supporting Patients Through Virtual Care
The Ontario Health Patient Access Network provides secure physical locations where patients have convenient and local access to virtual care technology and clinical support services for their virtual visit. Host sites are patient-centered in providing convenient access to care in one’s own community in a supported and comfortable environment. They reduce the burden of travel and decrease inequities for populations that have difficulties in accessing health services through conventional approaches. Consider using a patient host site for:
- Patients who do not have the technology, bandwidth, data costs, or digital literacy to have a virtual visit at home
- Patients who do not have privacy or space in their homes, or who have clinical needs that require nursing support
- Patients who are to receive culturally sensitive care within their community
- Patients who have low health literacy and require support to understand the clinical aspects of their visit and next steps
- Consultants who require nursing support or the use of a peripheral device during the visit
For more information or to schedule a visit for your patient at a Patient Access Network site, please email email@example.com.